Data protection declaration
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we want to inform you about how we collect your personal data when you use our website. Personal data means all data that relate to you as a natural person, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsibility lies with Star Wings Dortmund Luftfahrtgesellschaft mbH, Flugplatz 21, 44319 Dortmund, Germany, info(at)star-wings.com (see our imprint) in conformity with Art. 4 Par. 7 EU DS-GVO (German Version of GDPR). You can contact our data protection officer directly or by email:
Safe Data Consulting GmbH
Telefon: +49 163 2844 353
(3) When you contact us by email or by contact form, we will store the data you supply (your email address, if applicable your name and phone number) in order to answer your queries. We will delete this data when its storage is no longer necessary or restrict the amount of processing in the case of statutory retention obligations.
(4) As detailed below, we will inform you in case we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our service offers or want to use your data for promotional purposes. Hereby we will also name the criteria defining the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights concerning the personal data we have stored:
– the right of information,
– the right of correction or erasure,
– the right to restrict processing,
– the right to object to the processing,
– the right to data portability
(2) In addition, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority for data protection about the way we process your personal data.
§ 3 We collect your personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you only use our website for information, that means if you do not register or give us information in any other way, we will only collect those personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you want to look at our website, we will collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to make our website visible to you and ensure stability and security (The legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 p. 1 f) DS_GVO (German version of GDPR)):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of your request (specific page))
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transferred at each session
– Website sending the request
– Operating system and interface
– Language and version of browser software
(2) In addition to the data named above, we store cookies on your computer if you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and assigned to your browser, which allow the entity that places the cookies (in this case us) to obtain certain information. Cookies cannot run any programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making the internet services as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the extent and operating mode of which is explained below:
– transient cookies (see b)
– persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. Among these are the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, which allows various requests from your browser to be allocated to one session. That way, your computer can be recognized if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted once you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a predefined period that can differ from cookie to cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and e.g. refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that in that case you might not be able to use all functions this website offers.
e) Flash cookies used are not registered by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. In addition to that, we use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your terminal. These objects store the necessary data independently of the browser you use and are not deleted automatically. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, you have to install an add-on for that purpose, e.g. “Better Privacy“ for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to private mode. In addition, we recommend that you delete your cookies and your browser history manually at regular intervals.
§ 4 Further functions and offers from our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational value of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For that, you normally need to enter further personal data, which we use to provide the service and to which the above-mentioned general regulations of data protection apply.
(2) From time to time we use external service providers for processing your data. We have carefully selected and commissioned these service providers. They are bound to our instructions and are monitored regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we can pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer promotional actions, prize draws or similar services together with other partners. You will receive detailed information when you provide us with your personal data or see this information in the description of the offer.
(4) Should our service providers or partners be located in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of our offer.
§ 5 The right to object or revoke your consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have agreed to your data being processed, you can revoke your consent at any time. Such a revocation influences how reliably your personal data can be processed after you have notified us of your objection.
(2) As far as the processing of your personal data is based on the balancing of interests, you can object to your data being processed. This is the case, if the data are not required to fulfil a contract we have with you. If so, this is indicated in the description of each function where this applies. Should you voice such an objection, we ask you to name your reasons why we should not continue to process your data as before. In case of a relevant and reasoned objection, we will review the situation and will either stop or adapt the processing of your data or present our compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your data.
(3) It goes without saying that you can object to your personal data being processed for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can use the contact options below to inform us about the fact that you are exercising your right to object to the use of your personal data for advertising purposes:
Star Wings Dortmund Luftfahrtgesellschaft mbH
+49 231 927 773 0
Use the contact form at the end of the website.
§ 6 Using the blog functions
In our blog, where we publish various posts on topics to do with our activities, you can comment publicly. Your comment will be published including the user name you have provided. We recommend that you use a pseudonym instead of your real name. Entering a user name and an email address is mandatory, all other information is optional. If you post a comment, we will store your IP address, deleting it after [one week]. The storage of the IP address is necessary for us to be able to defend ourselves against claims in cases of illegal content. We need your email address to be able to contact you in case a third party should complain that your comment is unlawful. The legal basis is formed by Art. 6 Par. 1 p. 1 b) and f) DS_GVO (German version of GDPR). The comments are not checked before we publish them. We reserve the right to delete comments if third parties consider them unlawful.
§ 7 Newsletter
You can consent to subscribe to our newsletter with information about our latest interesting offers. The consent form names the products and services on which you will receive advertising.
(2) For subscriptions to our newsletter, we use the double-opt-in procedure. That means that after you have subscribed, we send an email to the address provided asking you for confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition to that, we store the IP addresses used and the times when you subscribed and confirmed. The purpose of this is to have proof of your subscription and to be able to resolve any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Only your email address is mandatory for the receipt of our newsletter. After you have confirmed your subscription, we store your email address to be able to send you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 1 Par. 1 p. 1 a) DS_GVO (German version of GDPR).
(4) You can revoke your consent and cancel your subscription of our newsletter at any time. You can do this by clicking on the link given in every newsletter email, by sending an email to Newsletter[at]starwings.com or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
(5) We would like to point out that we analyze your user behavior when we send you our newsletter. For this analysis, the emails we send out contain so-called web-beacons or tracking pixels that produce one-pixel files that will be stored on our website. For the analysis, we connect the data named in § 3 and the web-beacons to your email address and an individual ID. The data will be collected in pseudonymized form exclusively, that means the IDs are not linked to your other personal data and a direct link to you as a natural person is excluded.
You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link that is provided in every email or contact us by other means. The information is stored as long as you subscribe to our newsletter. After you have unsubscribed, the data will be stored anonymously for statistical purposes only.
§ 8 Web Analytics
1. The use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web-analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files stored on your computer that allow an analysis of how you use the website. As a rule, the information generated by the cookie is sent to a Google server is the USA and stored there. If the IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand in the EU member states or other designated states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. It is only in exceptional cases that the full IP address is sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On orders from the operator of this website, Google uses the information to determine how you use the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services connected to website use and internet use to the operator of this website.
(2) The IP address submitted by your browser in Google Analytics will not be linked to other Google data.
(3) You can stop cookies being stored by setting your browser software accordingly; we would like to point out, however, that in that case you might not be able to use all functions of this website fully. In addition to that, you can stop the submission to Google of the data the cookie generates and that are related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp()“. This means that IP addresses are processed in a shortened form and a link to natural persons is excluded. Therefore, if any data raised about you has a personal connection, this is immediately excluded and with that, the personal data is deleted at once.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze how our website is used and to be able to make ongoing improvements. With the help of the statistics raised we aim to improve our offers and make them more interesting for you, our users. For the exceptions, where personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 p. 1 f) DS_GVO (German version of GDPR).
[(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows that is carried out via user ID. In your customer account, you can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your use under “My data” or “Personal data”.]
§ 9 Social Media
1. The use of Social-Media-Plug-ins
(2) We can influence neither the data raised nor the data processing, and we do not know to which extent the data is collected, the purpose of the collection and the storage periods. Neither do we have any information on how the plug-in operators handle the deletion of data.
(3) The Plug-in operators store the data collected about you as user profiles and use these for advertising, market research and/or targeted website design. Such an analysis is carried out (for not registered users as well) to display targeted advertising and to inform other users of social networks about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such a user profile. However, to voice your objection, you have to refer to the plug-in operators in question. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the chance to interact in the social networks and with other users. This helps us to improve our offers and make them more interesting for you, our user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 Par. 1 p. 1 f ) DS_GVO (German version of GDPR).
(4) The transmission of data happens irrespectively of whether you have an account with the plug-in operator or are logged in to their website. If you are logged in with the plug-in operator, the data raised on our website will be directly linked to your existing account. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link to that page, the plug-in operator will also store this information in your user account and make this public to your contacts. We recommend that you log out after using a social network, particularly before activating the button. That way you can avoid the plug-in operator linking the information to your profile.
(5) You can find more information on the purpose and amount of data collection and processing by plug-in operators in the privacy policies of these operators provided below. There you will also find more information on your rights in this matter and possible settings to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the plug-in operators and URLs with their privacy policies:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; more information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
e) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
2. Embedding YouTube Videos
(1) We have embedded YouTube Videos in our online offers that are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our webpage. These are integrated into an ”extended data-protection mode“, which means that YouTube gets no data about you as our user if you do not play the video. Once you play the video, the data named in paragraph 2 are transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube gets the information that you have opened the page in question. At the same time, the data named in § 3 is transmitted. This happens irrespectively of the fact that YouTube provides a user account where you are logged in, or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data is directly connected to your account. If you do not wish YouTube to link to your profile, you need to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data in a user profile and uses it for advertising, market research and/or targeted website design. Such an analysis is carried out (even for not registered users) to create targeted advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You can object the creation of such a user profile. To voice this objection, you have to contact YouTube.
3. Embedding Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the offer that Google Maps provides. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the webpage and gives you convenient use of the map function.
(2) When you visit the website, Google gets the information that you have opened the webpage in question. In addition, the data named § 3 of this policy declaration is transmitted. This is carried out whether Google provides a user account where you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to your Google account, your data is directly linked to your account. If you do not desire this linking of your profile to Google, you need to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data in a user profile and uses it for advertising, market research and/or targeted website design. Such an analysis is carried out (even for not registered users) to create targeted advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You can object to the creation of such a user profile. To voice this objection, you have to contact Google.
§ 10 The use of Google AdSense
(1) This website uses the online advertising service Google AdSense, by which we can present you with advertising that meets your interests. Our aim is to show you advertising that is of interest to you, and we want to make our webpage more interesting for you. For this aim, statistical data about you is gathered, which is then processed by our advertising partner. These ads can be recognized by the indicator “Google Ads“ in the ad in question
(2) When you visit our website, Google gets the information that you did so. For that Google uses a web beacon to place a cookie on your computer. The data named in § 3 is transmitted. We can neither influence the data gathered, nor do we know the full extent of the data gathered nor their storage period. Your data is transmitted to the USA and stored there. If you are logged in to your Google account, the data is directly linked to your account. If you do not wish this link to your Google account, you need to log out. The possibility exists that these data may be made available to Google’s business partners, to third parties and authorities. Legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Par. 1 p.1 f) DS_GVO (German version of GDPR). This website does not show any third-party ads via GoogleAdSense.
(3) You can prevent GoogleAdSense from installing cookies in various ways: A) choose a corresponding setting in your browser software. Particularly the blocking of third-party cookies means that you get no ads from third parties; b) by deactivating targeted ads with the link http://www.google.de/ads/preferences. However, this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating targeted ads from those advertising providers that form part of the self-regulating campaign “About Ads“ via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Again, this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your Firefox browser, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We need to point out that in this case you cannot use all functions of this offer to their full extent.
(4) Please find more information about the purpose and the extent of data collection and processing as well as more information about your rights in this and about settings to protect your privacy at: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; Data protection conditions for advertising: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/technologies/ads. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.